Call for consultation
[icon name=phone-square] (617) 591-9888
Dental implants provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. With implants, you can rediscover the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh, and enjoy life. Implants are expected to last for a lifetime, don’t decay and won’t affect your surrounding teeth.
When you talk to a DentPlant dental implant specialist – and anyone on our staff – you’ll find a highly caring and knowledgable individual who will answer all your questions about dental implants and review the best options for your dental care. So schedule a consultation today and learn how we can make you smile.
Schedule Consultation Today
Low Interest. Low Monthly Payments.
About Dental Implants
What’s a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root, typically a titanium screw, that is placed into your jaw bone to hold a replacement tooth or a bridge or denture to restore multiple missing teeth. Over the course of several months after it is inserted into the jaw, the implant fuses with the bone. That root then secures the prosthetic crown, or multiple implants can be used to anchor an entire upper or lower denture. The dental implant offers longevity and stability that is unparalleled by other tooth replacement devices.
Who should consider a dental implant?
According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 69% of adults around the ages of 35 to 44 have lost at least one permanent tooth. For those missing teeth, or needing teeth replaced, there are three cosmetic options to fix the problem—dentures, bridges and implants. Though dentures and bridges used to be the go-to replacements for tooth loss, modern technology has made dental implants an increasingly popular choice. Around 3 million people get implants each year, which is a total of 5.5 million implants, according to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Dental implants last longer than alternatives like bridges and dentures, and they look more natural, too.
- Unlike dentures, implants stay in place no matter what the person is doing.
- With implants, you can bite into an apple or other foods without worrying about your teeth slipping out, like you do with dentures.
- You clean your dental implants just like your regular teeth by brushing with a toothbrush and toothpaste – no soaking.
- You don’t have to damage your regular teeth when dental implants are added.
- Dental implants don’t rest on your gums so there’s no friction, which is common from dentures and can often lead to mouth ulcers and white patches on gums.
- Dental implants will completely blend in with all of the other teeth. No one will be able to tell the difference between the natural teeth and a replacement.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root, typically a titanium screw, that is placed into your jaw bone to hold a replacement tooth or a bridge or denture to restore multiple missing teeth. Dental implants last longer than alternatives like bridges and dentures, and they look more natural, too.